Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sea perch/rock fish bank locations near Waldport?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea perch/rock fish bank locations near Waldport?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I just moved to Waldport from Portland. I'm originally from Memphis, Tennessee - so I'm only used to warmwater fishing (bass, catfish, crappie, perch, etc.). I was wondering if anyone knew of any good bank locations on the Alsea Bay or within a 30 mile range for sea perch or rockfish (and any good techniques)? I caught a couple of sea perch a couple of years ago in Garibaldi off the pier, and man were they good eating.

Thanks!

Peirs, jettys, rocky areas on the beach all work well. Get a shellfish license so you can harvest mussels and use them for bait. Never use cooked baits from bait shops, go for the fresh stuff. Low tide, get your bait. High tide get your fish! Fish love the jettys for the security they feel....until you pull them out of the water. I hope someone else near you can chime in soon...

Comment

Go south ten miles to Yachats and Cape Perpetua off the rocks. Be very careful and mindful of tides and waves. You can catch all kinds of bottom fish off the headlands. Try the area of Bob Creek or the Cook's Chasm area. Try baits like mussels or shrimp on the bottom or try casting soft plastics of hoochies ( the little octopus-looking things) on a jighead for rockfish.
      Fishing delayed is fishing denied.

Comment

Great, thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try.

Comment

Most Popular

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X