Paulina Lake kokanee

P
playhooky
Heading over to Paulina for a few days to jig for kokes. I have no experience with that water so any help is welcome. Any good lure suggestions? I don't have downriggers so it's over the side. If i can't produce any Kokanee I'll go for Browns & Bows. Any help is good. Thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:
JasonInBend
JasonInBend
No Title

I hit up Paulina on Saturday without much luck. Fished 7-11 that morning. I was trolling dodgers and hoochies with downriggers, but I did see some boats jigging and a handful of fished landed. Sorry I don't have advice on lures, but the marks I put on the lake map are the spots I saw people jigging and catching. Good luck!

• photo30577.jpg
JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Any luck at Paulina?

P
playhooky
Jigged late afternoon in 40' of water on 7/26 after arriving and picked up two kokes which were around 13". Jigged and trolled all day the 27th and just couldn't get the skunk off. I chalked it off to having no down riggers. Fished again the morning of the 28th.....jigged for an hour before deciding to make the switch and fish for bows. Rigged up Carolina style with power bait and crawlers which produced a limit in about an hour. Trout were running about 14" or so. Every fish we caught was taken in the area of the northern most area marked on your map. BTW, thanks for the map. Paulina is a beautiful fishery!

P
playhooky
Sorry jfrost......my post went right over your question of "Any luck at Paulina?" No explanation as to why. First time for everything I guess.